Sharing has become a new social norm as people want to ‘share’ anything and everything with their friends through social medias. I don’t think Facebook and Twitter are handy in all situations as iPhone apps help a lot these days.
CairnStory is such an interesting app that lets people share their travel experience on the go. It virtualizes the oldest tradition of cairn-building in the form of an iPhone app. While the old cairns stand as traces of exploring parties, this new cairn helps travelers to script and share their traveling experiences with other users.
As CairnStory has a lot of options and features, I find some parts are a bit too technical. However, the detailed User Guide explains things with pictures to help new users. I have been using this app for the past few days and I haven’t found any hitches.
The features I like in CairnStory are
- Travel stories can be searched and downloaded for guidance.
- Locations and stories can be shared through Facebook and Twitter.
- Distinguishable icons for GPS point marking.
- Both individual users and groups can share travel stories.
- Travel logs can be easily uploaded to the CairnStory website.
- Offers GPS route-tracking with photos.
- GPS travel logs, pictures and videos can be downloaded from the CairnStory website.
- Offers map and dashboard view modes.
Cairn story is really a convenient way to share the travel experience with other people and it can also be used during trekking, climbing and riding. However, users need to disable the location services while the app is not in use. Otherwise, it could drain the iPhone battery. This app is compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, and iPhone 4S and requires iOS 4.0 or later. The cairnstory app costs US $1.99, available for download at iTunes and the lite version is available for free.
Apps400 Rating : * * * *
Download Link : Download the App.
This app sounds good.
But does it need connectivity to work? I am not sure, I will be able to get a wifi hot spot say, when I am going for camping in the nearby woods.