iPhone application development, a fast growing digital industry with numerous innovation. Hope its all because of the founder Steve Jobs, who passed away recently. Making app is much easy with development team, but making iphone app with competing stuff in market is a thing needs a little work. Without proper marketing for your iphone application, you can not reach good position in your sales status. There are plenty of tips already shared by experts on online blogs, forums, communities and etc.
Here in this blog, I would like to share few important tips to market your iphone application. Hope it would be helpful for iphone app development companies and even freelancers who developing his very own iphone application.
Tips to Market iphone Applications:
1. First step, before making a iphone application, you need to do little research on that app. Always develop the app which is in need among people.
2. Title should be more attractive. Fix meaningful title to your app and do not imitate the popular application in your name.
3. Publish a press release for your application. It will bring your more exposure to your new app among plenty of new iphone app. Be sure on writing professional press release. It will brings you a good impression on your company.
4. If possible, Get a sponsor for your application. It is little difficult to get a sponsor if you are a freelancer.
5. Do write proper description about the game before submitting app to itunes store. Content should describe what is all your app about and if it is a game, it should simply explain the game play.
6. Create promotional video for your app and should publish it on various video submission sites like youtube, dailymotion and etc.
7. Create attractive tune to play with your promotional video of the app, it brings pleasant mood.
8. Create free trial to users and iphone experts. So that you can get valuable comments from them. Find such experts on iphone community forums and groups. Offer a possible promo codes.
9. Use social media to market your app. Facebook, twitter, buzz, google plus, myspace should be in your list.
10. Ask your friends and relatives to share, retweet, and publish your app details on their profiles.
11. Use iphone Application review sites and publish your iphone app to them via their form page. Review will get you more sales.
12. Use Free classifieds ads section to market your iphone application. It will show the good results on google page.
13. Create separate blog section for your iphone application, update content and video related to your application. You can use wordpress and blogger free portals.
14. You can get user of PPC campaigns on google, yahoo and other private networks.
15. You can write a mini e-book regarding iphone app development and related things. Make it give away with your app links.
16. You can create power point presentation about your application and publish it on your social networking profiles like linkedin and facebook.
17. Buy ads space on iphone, ipad related blogs and websites. It will bring you good sales rate. But before buying ads space analyze the site quality.
18. Discuss about your iphone app and its feedback on iphone related forums.
19. Use google and yahoo groups to promote your iphone app, you can also create a separate group for your application.
20. You can appear trade shows to market your app with roll-up banners.
These are very simple tips to market your iphone/ipad application. Do follow all possible ways to market your iphone app, soon your app will make good revenue.
Article By Thirumalairajan, Working as an Internet Marketing Executive for has Studios – iphone app developers and AJ Square Inc – Software Consultancy Services.
Positive customer reviews and star ratings in the App Store help more than online advertising. The best way to market your app is to build a positive in-store image in itunes with customer reviews.
Thanks for the tips.
I’m currently going through an upgrade cycle for Hearts Galore Lite and Puzzle Meltdown Series II and I would like to increase the exposure.
Dont do cpc / ppc campaigns you will get almost nothing in return
there are many companies working on CPI model
(cost per install)
And dont buy incent traffic -unless you want crapy users
Thanks for polling your experience here..
I agree with Robert. I’ve been publishing and distributing mobile applications since 1999 and the biggest challenge a developer has isn’t getting to the top of the deck (that can be accomplished via a comprehensive marketing plan) – it is staying at the top of the deck. This requires organic downloads from users who see your app and decide to download on impulse. This kind of decision is largely made based on the reviews that other people have left for your app – good reviews, in high volumes, produces results.
I’m advising Gnome Escape, a service that is focused on driving reviews on behalf of developers. Gnome Escape has a large community of end users who rely on the site for reviews, previews and recommendations of apps. Gnome Escape works with developers to promote their apps to its community and has a very effective method of reminding its users to leave reviews behind. In a typical 7 day placement on Gnome Escape, developers have seen between 12-24 pages of reviews in iTunes.
Having a strategy to ensure a volume of reviews when new apps are being released is as important as the strategy to drive download volume.
Thanks for sharing yr experience here David..
Missed a big one here. Add a viral social element into your app/game. Users of the app/game should be able to share different events that happen in the app/game. This will make your users your marketing staff.
e.g. “Tweet to unlock something” or “You just completed level 10. Let your friends know.”
Yeah, Nice point. It may drive few visitors from twitter. Thanks for sharing.