When online gambling was introduced, many suspected that it won’t be a viable alternative for conventional casino gambling. Yet it turned out to be. Then when mobile gambling was introduced, some had doubts, thinking that people won’t be keen on playing casino games on their smartphones and tablets.
It turned out that they are. As early as 2013, a study predicted that by 2018 there’ll be 164 million people who gamble on their mobile devices. The way things are going there might be even more. Playing real money casino games on your mobile is very easy, even for total noobs.
Choosing a Mobile Casino
Supposed that you’re new to online gambling and you want to start playing casino games on your mobile device. First you’ll need to choose a casino. There are several factors that you should take into consideration.
- Reliability and licence – Always check whether the casino operator in question can be trusted, whether their games and the level of fairness are tested by independent organisation. Furthermore, you should make sure that the casino in question has a valid licence and is legally permitted to offer real money casino games to citizens of your country;
- Safety – You should definitely look for a casino that offers a reasonable degree of protection. That way, you’ll be sure that your personal data is stored correctly and couldn’t be accessed by third party, particularly your financial details, like your bank account or your credit card number;
- Available games – More games equals more fun, but it’s not all about quantity. You’ll need to consider the quality of the offered games. The reputation of the game provider is definitely a strong indicator here;
- Bonuses and promotions – Casino operators often offer enticing bonuses and promotions in order to lure in more players. Check whether the casino offers a special mobile bonus and how well their bonuses compare against the bonuses offered by other operators;
- Support – If you’re new to mobile gambling, you might need help with some issues. An operator that offers customer support via multiple channels, preferably throughout the day, every day, can make customers feel more welcomed;
- Payment options – Most casino operators accept more than one payment method. Before you register, check whether your preferred method for deposits and withdrawals is accepted.
Finally, don’t forget that you’re not limited to only one mobile casino. You can register an account with more than one operator and most of them allow you to play the games for free, so that you can test them before you decide to make a deposit.
Downloading and Registering
Once you’ve chosen a casino super you like, you’ll need to download the casino app on your mobile device. It could be downloaded directly from the website, or it might be even available on the App Store or Google Play, depending on the OS your smartphone/tablet is using. In the case where you need to download it directly from the website, you’d probably need to adjust your phone’s settings.
The casino app will then be downloaded shortly, depending on your internet speed and the size of the file. After it is downloaded, the installation process will be prompted automatically. Then, when you start the application, you will be asked to log in or register. If you already have a casino account with that operator you should use the same login details, otherwise you’ll need to register.
Once you have registered, most operators will send an email to confirm that your account is active. Then you can log in, using the username and password you’ve selected.
Making a Deposit
Once you’ve logged in after your registration, you’ll be able to make your first deposit. On most apps the deposit button is displayed clearly. You will be able to choose a deposit method and a deposit amount. The currency that will be displayed is usually based on the information you’ve provided regarding your country of residency, but some operators will let you choose a different currency, if that’s what you prefer.
If you want to claim a Deposit bonus, you should know that the process may vary depending on the casino in question. With some operators you’ll automatically receive the bonus, whereas with others you’d have to opt in, usually directly via the app. If you’re not sure how to claim a bonus, you can always contact the operator’s customer support team.
An increasing number of operators will allow you to withdraw money from your mobile app. The process is very similar to that for withdrawals. It should be noted that many operators won’t allow you to make a withdrawal using a method different than the one you used to make a deposit.